Career Interest Inventory
Career Key's career interest inventory, the career assessment in Career Key Discovery®, will help you help those you serve. It is a true measure of the six Holland personality types. It matches users to careers, majors, training programs, and much more. The author is nationally recognized counseling psychologist, Dr. Lawrence K. Jones, NCC.
The Career Key career interest inventory is scientifically valid, meaning it measures what it claims to measure based on research published in national journals. More technical details are available in Career Key's professional manual.
In this career interest inventory, individuals learn about themselves and identify promising careers and college majors that match their personality and interests. It helps them understand the theory underlying the measure, and it suggests further actions they can take to make a good career decision. It is suitable for most ages, from students in middle school to adults in career change.
Match inventory results to college majors, career clusters, and career pathways
- The inventory in Career Key Discovery includes over 1,400 majors and training programs from the U.S. and Canada. They are scientifically classified by Holland personality type and Career Key's unique work group system;
- "Match Up! to Majors" eBook, contains a complete list and description of all 1,400 majors and programs classified by Holland type as described above
- Download our free eBook for professionals, Personality-College Major Match and Student Success
- How to Choose a Career Cluster, Career Pathway web article; and
- Our Career Clusters/Pathways E-Book.