Communicate Your Job Skills Effectively
- Your ability to clearly communicate your skills is vital. You will need to do that in:
- A promotion or job interview,
- Preparing a written or video resume,
- Writing your LinkedIn profile,
- Networking with others in your career, or
- Giving a presentation.
- To be effective, learn to describe them using the "PAR" method:
What was the problem you faced? What were the basic issues?
What did you do to resolve the problem? What actions did you take?
What observable results were there? Changes in behavior? Any numbers? Be concise. Practice in front of a mirror.
© 1987–2018 Career Key, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Including Career Key Discovery®