Tips for Parents: College Planning for Success
Help your child get the most out of college and gain head start on their career through Career Key's career and college planning activities. We offer a valid career test for college students that enables a close personality-career and personality-major match.
Research shows that personality-major match leads to success in college and future career success.
- Our free eBook, "Choosing a Major Based on Your Personality: what the research says" and our article, "Personality-Major Match: Why It Is Important;"
- Career Key's career assessment and companion eBook, "Match Up! Your Personality to College Majors." Simplicity, practicality, and validity are its strengths;
- How to Choose a College Major or Training Program;
- Holland College Major Environments;
- Tips for how to find a college and be a smart education consumer;
- How to Choose a Career Cluster, Career Field, or Career Pathway;
- Be Job and Work Skill Smart; and
- How to make a good Career and Education decisions.
“Match Up! encourages a learner-centered interaction between understanding one's key personality types and occupational and training information… [It] will be of great use to students and counselors who need to provide a list of options related to personality in a quick manner... It is a great resource that provides solid information necessary for making effective career decisions.” Read more.
Debra Osborn, Ph.D.
National Career Development Association
Lawrence K. Jones, Ph.D., NCC
President, Career Key