Identify the Work-Job Skills Employers Want
- How strong are your Foundation Skills? Take a careful look at them. These are the skills employers want.
- When you see descriptions of jobs you want, pay close attention to the skills wanted.
- Use the O*NET Connector to learn what skills are required for jobs that interest you. This website calls skills "detailed work activities."
- Notice that in Jen's example, she lists two foundation skills she want to strengthen. She'll need those to find a new job or decide on a second career.
- Are there any skills employers want that you are missing? Put a star next to them or add them to the bottom of your My Work Skills list.
Next, take full advantage of your skills by learning how to communicate them to others.