College Major Match ServiceTM
The College Major Match Service is a unique way for colleges and universities to help boost student recruitment, grades, retention and graduation rates
Career Key does this by scientifically matching students' personality to majors - a crucial element in student success according to recent studies.
Research studies show that the closer students’ personality matches their major, the more likely they are to get better grades, stick with their college major, and graduate on time.
A study by ACT® scientists found that this match predicted overall GPA after five years better than ACT scores!.1
College Major Match Service - How it works
Critical to this matching is a scientifically valid,
- Measure of the six Holland personality types, and
- Classification of majors, by the six Holland environments.
The Career Key provides this by,
- Easy and affordable access to the respected and valid Career Key assessment;
- Classifying your majors using our proprietary system, and
- Displaying the majors on our popular, respected website.
- See how this works for participating colleges and universities like the Community College of Rhode Island and Southern Methodist University.
- Based on scientific studies;
- Affordable, easy access;
- Easy, fast implementation;
- Generates traffic to your website;
- Customized to meet your needs;
- Links to College Services and Departments; and
- Strengthens your efforts to recruit, admit, advise, retain, and graduate students on time.
Details: please email Vice President, Juliet Wehr Jones.
1 Tracey, T. J., & Robbins, S. B. (2006). The interest-major congruence and college success relation: A longitudinal study. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 69, 64-89.