Make a Military Career Decision
- Consider all your alternatives. For example,
- Weigh the pros and cons of each option carefully. For example,
- What will I lose or gain? What will my friends and family lose or gain?
- Will I feel good about my decision? Will my family and friends approve?
- Download a Decision Balance Sheet, print one for each of your options, then, write down the pros and cons for each. Click here to learn more about filling out a Decision Balance Sheet.
- Get as much information as you can:
- Plan, once you decide. Write down,
- The steps you will take to put your decision into effect; and
- How you will deal with the possible negative effects you identified, if they happen.
With such an important decision, be sure to carefully study Decision Making Process. It is based on many scientific studies. It is simple, and it works!
Here are links to some other websites. Keep in mind that they may have a biased point of view and represent a fraction of information via the Internet and other resources. We have not independently verified the accuracy of the information on these websites. We do believe, however, that they may provide information and raise questions that are important for you to consider.