How You Affect Your Child's Career Choices
You affect the level of education or training that your children achieve: the knowledge they have about work and different occupations; the beliefs and attitudes they have about work; and the job skills they learn.
- The attitudes and behavior you reward and punish, approve or disapprove of;
- The expectations you have for your children's education and career;
- The examples you set for your children;
- The influence you exert on who is around them – the children and adults who will become their "significant others";
- The opportunities you offer your children to learn and develop; and;
- The kind of parent-child relationship you develop.