Free Agents Do Better at Work
When you do better at work, you are less likely to be laid off and more likely to get stronger recommendations and reviews. You will have better job opportunities in the future.
Ways to do well:
- Know your supervisor's standards for judging your work and meet and exceed them;
- If your current supervisor is not supportive or is difficult to satisfy, try moving within your organization. If that doesn't work, then you may need to change employers.
- Stay current on industry information, company trends, your work skills, and networking;
- Learn about job satisfaction and taking steps to increase yours. Your job performance depends on job satisfaction.
- Learn about yourself and your interests. If you are in a career that does not fit your personality, then it will be harder to do well in your job.
Other helpful resources:
Forbes, 14 Ways to Be Better at Your Job