Download our free white papers/guides for professionals, like "Personality-College Major Match and Student Success" (new!)
Career Activities for Teachers
Career Key's free and low-cost career test and career activities can help you spark middle and high school students' exploration and good decision making. It is all based on the best science and practices of career counseling.
Based on my career in school counseling, I recommend including in your classroom and career activities:
- Career Key's respected, valid career interest inventory and career assessment. Simplicity, practicality, and validity are its greatest strengths. A $1 per test group discount and paper/pencil option make it affordable;
- Career Key Test and Activities Booklet, sold by the American School Counselor Association and by Career Key on Amazon.com.
- How to Choose a Career;
- How to Choose a College Major or Training Program;
- How to Choose a Career Cluster, Career Field, or Career Pathway using Holland's Theory of Career Choice;
- Foundation Skills all workers need in the 21st century;
- Be Job and Work Skill Smart, with its free interactive PDF "My Work Skills List;"
- Free Agent Outlook on Work;
- Involving parents in career activities by recommending our parent resource article, "How Parents Can Help Their Child's Career Development," and
- How to Make Good Career Decisions.
New, pre-printed Career Key Test Booklets (Set of 35) now available on Amazon!
Thank you for including us in your professional efforts to help students!
Lawrence K. Jones, Ph.D., NCC
President, Career Key