Standard C2: Develop Employment Readiness
- Demonstrate how interests, abilities and achievement
relate to achieving personal, social, educational and
- Read Holland's Theory of Career Choice and You, Free Agent Worker, and Identify Your Skills and Make Them Work for You.
- Relate them separately to their personal goals, social goals, educational goals, and career goals
- Make multiple copies of "What Color are Your
Feathers? for the students and have them read
and discuss how Holland's theory relates to their goals. Order
from the Career Key eBookstore.
- Learn how to use conflict management skills with peers
- Read The Foundation Skills, particularly the "People Skills", and describe how these skills apply to them personally ant to their future work.
- Download and print this 2-page copy of the Foundation Skills at the first page of this module. Counselors or educators may make multiple copies to distribute for nonprofit purposes.
- Use the suggested activities in this module to learn
conflict management skills.
- Learn to work cooperatively with others as a team
See #2 above.
- Apply academic and employment readiness skills in
work-based learning situations such as internships, shadowing
and/or mentoring experiences