Parent Resources: Career Activities for Kids
Career Key's tips for parents and career activities for kids help middle and high school students find career and education direction. We offer a valid career test for students and many self–help articles and career eBooks – most for free or low–cost. We also help you answer important questions like:
Should kids work?
How do I help my son or daughter make good decisions – about future schooling and career direction?
- Focusing your efforts. Get sound advice from our article, "Help Your Child with Career Development";
- Sparking your child's exploration and good decision–making with the Career Key's career assessment. Simplicity, practicality, and validity are Career Key's strengths;
- How to Choose a Career;
- How to Choose a College Major or Training Program;
- Tips for how to find a college and be a smart education consumer;
- How to Choose a Career Cluster, Career Field, or Career Pathway;
- Identifying and strengthening job skills with activities in Be Job and Work Skill Smart;
- Foundation Skills: Job Skills All Workers Need; and
- How to make a good career decision.
“Match Up! encourages a learner–centered interaction between understanding one's key personality types and occupational and training information… [It] will be of great use to students and counselors who need to provide a list of options related to personality in a quick manner... It is a great resource that provides solid information necessary for making effective career decisions.” Read more.
Debra Osborn, Ph.D.
National Career Development Association
Lawrence K. Jones, Ph.D., NCC
President, Career Key