Careers and Majors: How to Make College a Success
Download our free white papers/guides for professionals, like "Personality-College Major Match and Student Success"(new!)
Do you have questions about your college major or career choice? Or about how to achieve success in college? Career Key can help you.
We offer a valid career test for students, free and affordable eBooks, and career advice based on the best science and practices of career counseling. We also have a unique approach and goal: to create and empower "free agents" in the world of work. A good place to start is with your choice of major or training program.
Dramatically increase your chances of success in college by choosing a major that matches your strongest Holland personality types. Large, independent research studies show that this close personality-major match leads to higher grades, sticking with your choice of major, graduating on time, and greater job satisfaction post-graduation. We show you how to make this match in our popular eBook, "Match Up! Your Personality to College Majors."
In addition to making a good major choice, set yourself up for lifelong success with a good foundation. Use college to identify and strengthen job skills and learn how to make good decisions. You will get better jobs, higher salaries, and become a sought-after "free agent" in the workplace. Get started now with:
“Match Up! encourages a learner-centered interaction between understanding one's key personality types and occupational and training information… [It] will be of great use to students and counselors who need to provide a list of options related to personality in a quick manner... It is a great resource that provides solid information necessary for making effective career decisions.” Read more.
Debra Osborn, Ph.D.
National Career Development Association
- How to choose a college major or training program that fits your personality;
- Our free eBook, "Choosing a Major Based on Your Personality: what the research says" and our article, "Personality-Major Match: Why It Is Important;"
- Holland's college major environments: How to choose one;
- How to choose a career cluster, career field, or career pathway;
- Being job and work skill smart, including the free, interactive download "My Work Skills List";
- Making good decisions; and
- Colleges that Match Up their majors to Career Key test results.
Lawrence K. Jones, Ph.D., NCC
President, Career Key