Career Interest Inventory
The Career Key® career interest inventory assesses a person's resemblance to the six Holland personality types: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional. The Career Key's author is nationally recognized counseling psychologist, Dr. Lawrence K. Jones, NCC. Please contact Career Key Vice President Juliet Jones for a free evaluation.
The Career Key measure is scientifically valid, meaning it measures what it claims to measure based on research published in national journals. More technical details are available in Career Key's professional manual.
In taking The Career Key, individuals learn about themselves and identify promising career options that match their personality and interests. It helps them understand the theory underlying the measure, and it suggests further actions they can take to make a good career decision. It is suitable for most ages, from students in middle school to adults in career change.
Matching Test Results to College Majors, Career Clusters/Career Pathways:
- How to Choose a Major web article;
- "Match Up! to Majors" E-Book;
- Free College Major Match Service for higher education group customers;
- How to Choose a Career Cluster, Career Pathway web article; and
- Our Career Clusters/Pathways E-Book.
Career Key is the only valid career interest inventory that:
- Takes a short time (10-15 minutes) to complete, compared to similar valid measures;
- Allows individuals to create a Personal Job Option list of occupations that interest them for better career matches;
- Encourages broader exploration by organizing matching occupations in a more intuitive way using Career Key work groups, based on worker traits, skills, and abilities (see the Realistic personality type as an example);
- Links individuals' promising career options to comprehensive, accurate occupational information from the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook; and
- Connects individuals to a science-based, practical process of making a good career decision.
The Career Key career interest inventory is affordable:
- An individual career test costs $9.95;
- Group discount: $1 per test taking when at least 30 at a time are purchased.
- A pre-printed, paper-pencil Career Key Test and Activities Booklet, is sold by the American School Counselor Association and by Career Key on Amazon.com.
- A self-scoring paper-pencil version of the Career Key is available in the Store.
- Career Key donates 10% of all website sales to charity.