Wondering how to choose a career? Our expert, science-based, self-help approach will guide you in making a good career decision, one you won't regret.
We've organized it according to the three basic principles
of good decision making:
1. Know yourself -- your strengths,
values, personality, and skills. This will help
you decide which choice best fits you.
- Take the Career Key career test to discover which Holland personality types you are most like. You can then match the results with the most promising careers, career pathways, college majors and training programs.
- Read about John Holland's Theory of
Career Choice to understand how your success and satisfaction in a job, school, or college is related to your personality.
- Do the activities in Learn about
Yourself and Identify
Your Skills to understand yourself
2. Know your options and learn about each one
3. Make a good decision.
* Also, check out the pages on the home page, "Solutions for your needs" in the upper right-hand corner.